Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I had the lettuce wraps at PF Changs for the first time this past fall (I don’t get out much). I loved them. I was doing my normal activity of browsing Pinterest(shocking, I know) and came across a couple of “copy cat” recipes. A lot of them were terrible. Just from reading the ingredients I could tell that was NOT was PF’s was serving up. I sort of adapted a few of them and came up with this. It’s pretty darn close, I think!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced small
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Iceberg, or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- Sriracha sauce, wasabi, spicy mustard sauce for dipped (optional)
- Roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Fried bean noodles (optional)
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the ground meat and cook until it is cooked through. With a spatula, break it up into small chunks as it cooks (it will resemble ground beef).
- Stir in the onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha sauce until completely coated. Remove from heat.
- Fold in water chestnuts, green onion, additional sesame oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve wrapped in a leaf of lettuce. Top with any of the optional additional toppings.
Give it a try and hopefully you like too! I know these aren’t the greatest pictures but it is SUPER delicious and healthy!!