Sausage & Cheese Tortellini
Hi friends! And a special shout out to all the moms on Mothers Day! ❤
This is one of those recipes that was written for the slow cooker but as I’ve stated before those don’t fit into my life that well. So I transposed this, if you will, to be made in a fraction of the time on the stovetop!
Turned out great. And it’s really a fast thing to make, especially when you can buy those pre made tortellini’s in the store. Life savers for a busy mom. I’m not a mom but if I appreciated how fast this one was to make, I’m sure moms do to0 🙂 And the basil added at the end gives this a real boost of fresh flavor.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 20 oz package of your favorite tortellini
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (I used the ones seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano)
- 4 oz. Neufchâtel Cheese (Or cream cheese)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
1. Take your Neufchâtel out of the fridge, and let it sit and soften a bit while you brown your sausage in a large pot.
2. Drain your sausage once it’s cooked and add the tortellini to your pot. Pour the tomatoes with liquid and all, and broth over the top. Add your cream cheese to the pot in chunks.
3. Give it a good stir to get everything evenly distributed, making sure the liquids are adequately covering the tortellini.
4. Cook uncovered on med-high head for a total of about 30 minutes or so or until your tortellini is cooked and your sauce has thickened a bit.
5. Pour into individual bowls and top with basil and cheese if desired.
Sooooo simple and tasty! Hope you like it as much as we did.