Lemon Baked Tilapia with Spinach & Carrot Lentils
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 carrot, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spinach, stems removed, leaves washed well
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, lentils, carrot, onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the lentils are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, discarding bay leaf.
- Use a paper towel to wipe out any water from the saucepan. Add oil, and return pan to medium heat. Stir in the lentils, vegetables, and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve 🙂
* Later in the week I made this recipe again but added ground turkey and just had it for lunch a couple days at work- it was equally amazing! Seriously so delicious!!!
- 2 tilapia filets (*or really you could adapt this to however many you want to make as ingredient measurements aren’t exact)
- Lemons (I used 1 lemon- the juice of 1 half and then sliced the other half)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a glass baking dish with foil and grease with non-stick spray or olive oil
- Put the fish in the dish
- Pour lemon juice over the fish filets
- Season the fish with salt and pepper(you can also really use any spices you choose)
- Place the slices of lemon over the fish
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
There you go! Seriously so easy, and healthy and most importantly delicious!! Hopefully you guys enjoy as much as we did.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
looks great – great idea what to do with tilapia, as its somewhat lacking in taste!
Pingback: 2014 In Review | eat.laugh.craft