Fresh Shrimp Tacos
You will need:
- 3 limes
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper(you can omit if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cooked, peeled medium shrimp
- Corn tortillas (or any tortillas you want)
- Marinate the shrimp. Make sure to choose a nonreactive bowl, such as one that is glass or ceramic; a metal or copper bowl will react with the citrus juice to give the shrimp a metallic taste.GROSS!
- To marinate: Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tablespoon; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup. Place rind and juice in a large bowl. Add tomato and remaining ingredients except tortillas; toss well to combine. Cover and chill for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla and top with more cilantro if you want; fold in half. Eat immediately.
OMG this probably has like 4 grams of fat (and It’s from the avocado(so healthy fat!) and sooooo delicious. Serve with an ice cold margarita (probably not fat free 🙂 ) and this is a fiesta in my mouth!! Also because I’m a wino i would recommend a young riesling or an Argentinian Rosé like Crios.