Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Hi everyone! Ok I’ve been a busy cooking bee- but a lazy blogger. (for real it’s embarrassing how little I’ve blogged lately- there is reason for it but I’ll save that for a later post!)Needless to say, I can’t wait to share some of my creations with you 🙂 This particular recipe is one of my favorite recent ones! So tasty, easy, and healthy. The perfect trio for an awesome recipe. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I love cilantro so I always add more)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the filling each each bell pepper cavity. Place in prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! 🙂
- PS. I only cooked 4 peppers since there fewer people I was feeding but then I put the extra quinoa mix in a baking dish, topped with a little more cheese and baked along with the peppers. This was great for lunch throughout the week 🙂 As you can see there was quite a bit of extra “stuffing” so I think you could do more than 6…but experiment! 🙂
I just love how pretty this dish is! So colorful and fresh looking and not to mention out of this world delicious. This is a recipe you could seriously have so much fun with and experiment with different flavor combinations and ingredients. Also easily could be vegan with some small adjustments. Please stop back and share your own concoctions 🙂
As always, thanks for stopping by!