Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
With Thanksgiving coming up soon you will probably have a little extra turkey hanging out in your fridge 🙂 I love finding fun things to do with leftovers because we always seem to have so many each year. Last year we (my mom and I) made a turkey and pumpkin soup and it was delicious!!! Of course there is nothing wrong with cold turkey sandwiches also(personal fav). This recipe is very simple and takes almost no time at all to whip up, which is nice after slaving away for Thanksgiving. It’s also sort of refreshing that it’s a totally different taste combination than all of the traditional flavors we all will have just had! Hope you enjoy!!!
- 1 can (19 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 4 cups shredded chicken(or leftover turkey)
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup Neufchatel cheese (or 1/3-less-fat-cream cheese)
- 10-15 small flour tortillas
- Sliced fresh jalapeño peppers, fresh cilantro leaves and diced fresh tomato for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat one 4-quart or two 2-quart baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. If using 1 dish, spread 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom. If using 2 dishes, spread half of the 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of each dish.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
3. Spread about 2 tsp of Neufchatel on a tortilla. Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp chicken mixture in a strip in center of tortilla. Roll up tightly to enclose filling; transfer to prepared dish(es). Repeat with remaining tortillas, cream cheese and chicken mixture to yield 16 enchiladas. I used toothpicks to secure each tortilla so that they stayed closed.
4. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, dividing evenly between dishes(if using two). Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese begins to brown slightly. Garnish with whatever toppings you like: jalapeño slices, avocado, and cilantro. Enjoy!!!!
Thanks for checking out my blog fellow foodies!
Making these tonight! Thanks for the recipe!
I am Fred and today is Monday. The fast easy recipe for chicken enchilada is my preferences now!
Pingback: Turkey, Leek, and Wild Rice Casserole | eat.laugh.craft
Pingback: Turkey Leftover Recipe Roundup | eat.laugh.craft