Summer is almost over?! Is this a joke? This summer flew by in the blink of an eye for me.
With the wedding planning and then the wedding and then our magical trip to Italy (remind me I should do a post on that) I feel like summer just began. But Autumn/Fall is my favorite season by far so I’m ok with it :)
With the end of the summer season comes Labor Day. Labor day is filled with family and fun and barbecues and cookout and food and drink! This year we don’t have many plans, Jake coaches football so the Labor Day weekend won’t really include traveling or big parties for us.
If you have Labor Day plans and need an awesome side dish, I’ve solved your problem for you!
This Radish Salad is patriotic(it’s red) delicious(anything with lemon and parsley is ok in my book!) and it’s healthy, oh and one more thing, b.e.a.utiful!
Tada.Super duper easy peasy.
A super helpful trick is that I use THIS handy dandy tool to chop all the radishes up nicely and evenly (not to mention insanely fast) and it works like a charm.
We will definitely be making this again soon. Thanks for stopping by and checking out the blog and I hope you had wonderful weekend!!!
So remember that time I told you I had become obsessed with gold spray paint? Well….. I wasn’t kidding.
It pretty much all started because of the wedding. Our colors were green and gold and there were some items (like these) that I liked but wanted to have them be gold.
Enter liquid gold.
Then things got pretty serious and I was spray painting anything I could get my hands on. Napkin rings, rocks, vases,string lights…you name it!
I think I just saw an idea like this on Pinterest and decided I wanted to have some of the lights gold for my wedding. My mom found these knock off “cafe” lights on clearance the day after Christmas and snatched them up for me. I only did three strings of them but they turned out great for the wedding and I am also planning and looking forward to using these around the holidays! I’m a traditional green and gold type of girl so these will look amaze-balls around the house for Christmas!All you need is:
an open area to spray paint and cardboard boxes or something like this to paint in/over.
This amazing tool (ok. you don’t NEED this but it will make it 100% easier and you get a really even coat)
Then you just:
Tape up the areas you DON’T want paint on . My bulbs unscrewed so I just took them all off and put a tiny piece of tape over the LED light and also taped the ends as shown below.
Make sure you’re in well ventilated area and following these rules.
Then just go to town! I did two full coats and then some touchups on some weird spots. It’s a little hard to not have fingerprints when you do the whole thing at once as you have to pick it up and move it and twist it and turn it. But the final 3rd spray down for just those spots will leave you with perfectly even paint.
So there you go! Beautiful makeover to make something cheap look fancy and sophisticated. Someone please remember to remind me to take a picture of these around my house at Christmas :)
Thank you so much for checking in! Hope you all have fabulous weekends.
HAPPY FRIDAY! 6 words for you. Thank. God. It. Is. The. Weekend.
I had what I’m going to call the longest week EVER at work. But I have a super fun weekend planned. I’m heading to the twin cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) to visit my best friend everrrr. She just moved into her and her husbands first official house and I cannot WAIT to see it and help her celebrate being a homeowner and settle in! :)
It’s also my birthday on Saturday! 26! Nuts. But I’m sure we’ll get into some shenanigans like we always do when we’re together. Excited!
But before I head out on my fun filled weekend I had to share what I call “the best thing I think I’ve ever made” with you. (I actually said that when I tasted this). This GORGEOUS and delicious dish can be made for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time… you name it!
I used crumbled goat cheese as my cheese and it was seriously perfect. I recommend that but as with all of my recipes, use anything you want! It’s all about experimenting and having fun, & I suggest you try with this, pronto.
Like I said, I used goat cheese and it was to. die. for. Also you can easily make this so quick. Use store bought pie crust (like me) use pre cut up butternut squash(like me) (you can find this in the natural foods frozen section of most stores, otherwise Trader Joes has some!) if you use some of those handy shortcuts you have a wonderful delicious and somewhat healthified dinner in no time at all!
Like it looks so good. I think I drooled.can’t stop
Do yourself a favor and try this. Then come back and tell how you liked it! oh and MOST importantly, have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
My beloved readers! It’s been 2+ whole months since I have posted anything! So sad. The reason for my absence, for those of you who don’t know, I got married! June 27th! And then went on a honeymoon and before the wedding was very stressed and busy with wedding details. We I did most of the wedding planning and SO many DIY projects that it left very little time (or brain power :) ) to post here.
But I’m back! :)
The wedding was all we hoped for and more. It was perfect. To us. So perfect. We loved it all. Check out a few pictures on our *amazing* photographers site. It’s just a little sneak peak our current struggle is deciding which pictures to print out of the 700+ beautiful options.
And the honeymoon– ahhhhhhhh don’t get me started on how amazing that was. We spent 12 days in Italy (half our time in Tuscany and half our time on the Amalfi Coast) and we literally had to drag ourselves to the airport when it was time to leave. We fell in love and are already planning our next trip back. (More to come on this later :) )
BUT the first thing I have to share with you is this KILLER/BOMB DIGGITY recipe. Prepare to drool. Like go get a napkin.
This vegan, gluten, and dairy free recipe is one of those few clean eating meals I feel spoiled eating. How can something so healthy taste so good!? I actually made this a while ago and now looking at the pictures again and seeing how easy it is, I need to make it again soon!! I hope that you guys enjoy this as much as we did.
So here it is:*NOTES*
You could add more almond or coconut milk to make this creamier.
Thanks for checking out the blog! I’m so happy to be back and sharing with you!!
If you give this a try come back and tell me if you liked it! Hope you have a great weekend!!
OMG I swear I’m still hungover from last weekend. kidding.
It was my bachelorette party weekend. Me and my bestest friends went to Door County for the weekend. We stayed in this adorable cabin near Egg Harbor. Our itinerary went something like this: Friday Night
– all arrived around 7 pm
– went out for dinner in Egg Harbor at Mojo Rosa’s (Kim who owns the place is also catering our wedding she is an absolute blast to be around and so fun. Not to mention she cooks some killer food!)
– Drinks and games at Mojo’s and then Casey’s. Which was great fun. Go to Casey’s and try to guess the number of pennies on the bar! I know the answer and I’ll tell you if you’re right :)
– Hot tub shenanigans back at the cabin. Seriously when you let 6 girls who don’t let loose often out on the “town” shit’s getting cray
– sleeping in THE MOST comfortable bed in the world. I was snuggled in a HUGE king bed with my sissy and bff. Heavenly. Saturday – had a good ole’ fashion reminisce session about the night before. Seriously we did this all the time in college where we’d all snuggle and laugh and talk about shit that went down the night before. It was so fun to do it again.
– bloody’s and brunch (aka i was too excited for the day and had like 10 grapes)
– all panicked that we had to leave soon and rushed to get ready
– arrived at Stone’s Throw Winery for our personal tasting course. At this point my soon to be sister’s in laws met up with us!
– tasted 7 awesome wines with Deb who made the day so great! We also met Russell who by some small crazy chance knew my godfather Mike who is a well known wine aficionado if you will, in Napa.
– Sat outside and drank great wine by the fire and talked and laughed for ours. While we were outside two very nice gentleman (Dan & Scott) came over and bought us some wine and chatted with us. We got to talking and they have a blog that they run together as well! They live in the Fox Valley area and run Platter Talk a fun and friendly blog filled with reallllllyyy delicious looking recipes and ideas! They are so fun! You need to go and check them out!
– Went back to the house and played some games and hung out
– We went out to dinner at the Cookery and I would like to publicly apologize to them for how loud and crazy our table got. Thank you Annie for being an amazing server to us! And big shout out to our other server and I don’t remember his name which primarily why I want to apologize!
– 7-10 pm, no clue
– kidding but really just back to the house and playing games being crazy girls and probably hot tubbing it up! Sunday
– woke up wanting to die and had my bff drive me home which was a slow trip as we stopped approximately 10 times for various reasons most of which were me, and needing to vom.
– arrived home, napped on the couch and went to bed at 8pm.
Even though it went by WAY too fast, I had the best weekend ever and I’m so lucky and thankful to have such great friends and family in my life. Here are a few pictures to share!
Friday Night Crazies. Lord knows why there was a bronze pig on the street, but we liked it!
Soon to be sisters!
gangs all here!
love them all!
These were just some little hangover bags that i made the girls as a thank for you making the trek and hanging out with me. They just included like a little granola bar, advil, engery shot, gum, and other cute knick-knacks.
I just used a paper cutter to cut the paper bags on the ends, and I bought the cute bag topper things at Michaels and used a little hemp to tie them up, tada!!!! Adorbs.
So there you have it. A high level glimpse into the weekend! If you’re ever in DOCO (Door County, WI) which I HIGHLY suggest you make time for in your life, then make sure to hit up the places in mentioned in this post!
Hope you all have a good memorial day weekend! I’ll be relaxing, catching up on sleep and NOT drinking alcohol! :)