At Home Gel Manicure
Ummmm, you guys…… this is a miracle. Seriously.
I got my first gel manicure about 2 years ago and obviously loved it. It stayed glossy and shiny and chip free for almost two weeks! Butttttt I cried a little when I had to take it off and my nails peeled and cracked WAYYYYY more than normal. 😦
I got a few here and there in-between then and now but I didn’t go in regularly because a) it’s a freaking expensive habit! and b) the state it left my nails in for about a month afterwards.
I saw someone post on Pinterest about this magical base coat that would make any regular old nail polish last for weeks! Needless to say I was highly skeptical. When I paint my nails at home I’m lucky if I can get 3 chip-free days. Well, I’m a sucker so I went to Sally Beauty and picked up the base coat. It’s like $5, that’s less than a Starbucks.
I would not lie to you. This worked sooooooooo good. All you do is:
1) Clean and prep your nails.
- Whenever I paint my nails before I put anything on them I’ll shape, cut back cuticles etc…. but last step is to wipe the nail down with rubbing alcohol. It cleans the nail and makes sure you get a really good bond with the polish and actual nail.
2) Apply 1 coat of the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat. Allow to dry
3) Apply 1-2 coats (as needed) of ANY COLOR NAIL POLISH YOU WANT!
- Yep no special ‘Gel’ colors to buy. You just use anyyyyy color you want! From expensive Butter nail lacquers to $1 NYC Color and anything in-between!
4) Finish with a your favorite top coat!
- Hands down my favorite is Seche Vite. Not only does it protect well but leaves your nails looking fresh and GLOSSY for days ❤ ❤
5) ENJOY your nails for up to 2 weeks!!!!
Yeah, I’m not lying. Up to two weeks. This picture was taken just after one week.
ONE WHOLE WEEK PEOPLE! And virtually still perfect!
And one of the BEST parts about this?!?!? Is that it comes off extremely easily with regular old nail polish remover. No soaking your fingers in that poison for 15+ minutes. (Seriously you guys know that acetone is a carcinogen and is really, really, really bad for you? Yeah it is. I try to only put it on my nails and not all over my fingers skin to soak in and never do I soak my whole freaking hand in it! OK rant over). Just take it off like a regular old manicure, super simple!
I am honestly so excited to have found this and I can’t wait to paint my nails again and again.
Go pick this up and try it yourself! Tell me what you guys think!
This is really the first post I’ve done raving about a product. I just want you all to know I am in NO way being paid by or endorsed by any of the companies of the products listed above. This is just a product I found that I fell in love with. I’m not being paid to try to get you to try it too 🙂