BLACK BEAN HUMMUS
I love love love love love hummus. So recently I’ve been trying to experiment with different flavors of hummus as opposed to the usual (but delicious) plain hummus.
This time I tried a Black Bean hummus with cilantro. It is really good! Jake hates hummus in general so this is my own treat for myself. I bring it to work with pita or veggies and it’s a super delicious and easy to assemble lunch! ENJOY
Mix the following in a food processor until smooth:
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (which is sesame seed paste(really more like a nut butter made from the seeds) but you can find it lots of places)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 a small Jalapeño pepper (or whatever spicy pepper of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro (Rinsed and stems picked out)
- 1 clove of garlic
Serve with pita or crackers or veggies or eat spoonfuls of it by itself! 🙂
Yem ….. sounds really GOOD!!!