Veggie Quinoa “Fried Rice”
Fall is really setting in here. It’s beautiful although I’m hoping that the leaves cling on a little bit longer. We have engagement pictures in two weekends and I’m hoping there will be a little bit of color left!!! I’m super excited for those- our photographer site is here. Every single picture she ever takes is stunning and I can’t wait to share ours! ❤
So I’m sure you’re all dying to know who won the giveaway from last week……….I have picked a winner and stay tuned, I will announce the winner on Sunday! yay! I’m so excited and thank everyone who entered from the bottom of my heart!
Now- onto this healthy beautiful food! I love quinoa. It’s nutty and sort of crunchy and delicious, not to mention full of protein and extremely filling! As avid readers of my blog I’m sure you know I’m obsessed with Sriracha- like looking at the picture above, you’re probably thinking- um what, that’s not a lot. But what you don’t know is that after I was done taking these “pretty” pictures, I added an embarrassingly large amount to this 🙂
Anyway- this is super healthy and fresh and delicious. Again this is a super versatile recipe, you can add or remove anything! (ps- I fee like I say that all the time. And truth be told, I think of every recipe as versatile, rarely do I follow word for word. Cooking is about having fun! People need to remember that 🙂 )
Hope you enjoy, HAVE FUN!!!!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided (or oil of your choice)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, until onions have become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine.
- Stir in green onions and eggs
TA DA! That’s it! Now serve and top with Siracha! 🙂
Isn’t it pretty?!? It was so delicious.
Thank you for checking out the blog- I love each and every one of my readers!!