Ok really these can be enjoyed more than just at Christmas time but the red and green thing is pretty cute for around the Holidays. This was a great light and refreshing cocktail! I am crazy for anything with lime juice so I was digging this recipe. My only thing was that I might try it with Sprite or clear soda next time instead of seltzer water. But none the less, I obviously had more than one of these bad boys 🙂
10 oz. fresh cranberries
1 C sugar
1 C water
20 mint leaves
Fresh lime juice
4 oz. rum (or gin)
4-6 oz. soda water
1) Place cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then lower the heat a bit to medium-low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, just until your berries start bursting then remove from heat.
2) Once the berry mixture has cooled, you can strain them. If you prefer, you can keep the mixture in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight before straining.
3) Put some leaves of mint and a Tbs of lime juice in each glass. With the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler mash the mint up.
4) Put ice in each glass and pour 2 oz. of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz. alcohol into each glass.
5) Top off each glass with soda water. And sprinkle some fresh cranberries in for garnish.
(I’m not gonna lie to you- I made those measurements up. I pretty much just put a good helping of booze and syrup in there and topped with the soda water. Basically all depends how strong you want it!) enjoyyyyyy!