Easy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- 4-5 lbs. pork shoulder
- 2-3 fresh jalapenos
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup orange juice
- 12 ounces beer
- ½ cup salsa (I used a less chunky one)
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Slice up the jalapenos how ever you want and throw them in. Roughly chop the garlic and place in the slow cooker (I actually made a couple of slits in the meat with my knife and shoved some down into the meat to get as much garlic flavor as possible, but you could just toss it in, too).
- Sprinkle the meat with salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and cayenne. Rub seasonings onto the pork.
- Add the liquids and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred hunk -o- meat with two forks directly in the slow cooker (or take out & shred). It should fall apart pretty easily and be very tender.
- Preheat your oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the shredded meat on the cooking sheet and pour a few spoonfuls of sauce over the top. Broil for 8-10 minutes or until you get yummy brown edges on the pork.
- Eat by itself. Kidding (kind of ) Serve on tortillas with fresh cilantro, avocado, and lime juice and any other things you want!
This was a nice easy recipe. I mean when I actually can use the crock pot to make meals I love it! I could have eaten just the meat by itself. I took some of the leftovers for lunch over rice with some black beans….deeelicious!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out Eat Laugh Craft.